Efficient method to calculate 2D thermal transmittances via .dxf input according to EN 10077-2:2017
- Steady-state thermal simulation of all shapes in 2D
- Automated input from DXF files via bitmaps
- Powerful finite element solver allows complex geometries with minimal simulation time
- Optimised for automated use according to EN ISO 10077-2:2017 (including radiosity method for cavities)
- Automatic reporting
- Software operational in English, French, German and Dutch
- Thermal performance of windows, doors and shutters (EN ISO 10077-2)
- Thermal performance of curtain walls (EN ISO 12631)
- Thermal bridge analysis: heat loss calculation, surface condensation (EN ISO 10211, EN ISO 13788)
- Thermal transmittances of building components and elements (EN ISO 6946)
- Heat transfer via the ground (ISO 13370)
- Heat transfer in masonry and masonry products (EN ISO 1745)
Input and geometric modelling
- Conversion of DXF file to 256 colours BMP file, via input of colour for each DXF layer and input of bitmap resolution
- 256 colours BMP file contains geometric description required by BISCO
- Colours in BMP file are indices to materials and boundary conditions
Thermal properties and boundary conditions
- Linked to bitmap via colours
- Materials: thermal conductivity, surface emissivity. Automatic calculation of equivalent thermal conductivity for air cavities.
- Optimisation of air cavities by detecting grooves and interconnections
- Surface boundary conditions: ambient temperature, heat transfer coefficient, heat flux. Improved simulation of radiation and convection by use of RADCON module.
- Detection of surfaces with increased surface resistance (in edges or junctions between two surfaces)
- Line boundary conditions (fixed temperature or flux) in borderlines between two colours
RADCON feature for BISCO
Detailed simulation of radiation based on view factors
Extremely fast and stable calculation of non-linear radiation problems
Convection based on (calculated) convective heat transfer coefficient
Transparent materials for small cavities: conduction + radiation
Validated according to EN ISO 10077-2:2017 (radiosity method)
- Isotherms, total heat flux, heat flow lines, infra-red radiation, surface condensation and high humidity zones
- Minimum and maximum temperature, incoming and outgoing heat flows per colour
- Balanced air temperature for enclosed air cavities
- Thermal transmittances and thermal bridge performances
- Automatic report generation
- BISCO is available with perpetual licences or with subscription licences.
- Subscription licences are protected with a software licence locked to a computer (stand-alone, network or cloud-based floating). With a subscription licence you get access to the latest version of BISCO, technical support and Physibel Knowledge Base.
- Perpetual licences are protected with a stand-alone licence locked to a hardware key. With a perpetual licence you get 1-year AMP (Annual Maintenance Plan). Renewal of AMP is not mandatory but continues your access to major version updates of BISCO, technical support and Physibel Knowledge Base.
what's new in version 12?
- New graphic output functions: visualisation of infra-red radiation, surface condensation and surface humidity and feature to add output labels.
- Integration of SCREWS according to EN ISO 12631 and LAYERS according to EN ISO 6946.
- Improved algorithms for importing DXF files (BiscoDXF tool).
- Software licence options (stand-alone/network floating/cloud-based floating).