Skip to main content
Presentation BISCO v11
- Direct input of a DXF file in BISCO (without preparation in BiscoDxf).
The bitmap is automatically created using the (default) layer definitions.
- A layer name in a DXF file starting with a number of 3 digits (000 up to 255) sets this number as colour number of the layer (also in BiscoDxf).
A layer name of format “xxx_y_name” sets the colour number (3 digits xxx) and fill type (digit y, from 0 up to 3).
- New parameter “Use border colours” in function Bitmap > Size…
- Improved detection of grooves and interconnections in function Bitmap > Split Zones…
- Faster triangulation of bitmap (as initial step of thermal system calculation), because of elimination of graphic feedback.
- The radiation simulation in a TRANSMAT cavity at the bitmap border is improved.
- Graphic output of single isothermal line.
- Batch calculation starting from DXF files with included EN 10077 preparation.
- Creation of graphic report files also possible in batch calculation (from either BSC or DXF files).
- Show left top point coordinates of current colour from Measures window in status bar (to facilitate its location in the bitmap).
- New tool BiscoBmp to edit and prepare BMP files (containing move/copy of selection within bitmap).
- Multiple BISCO simulation results can be imported in one step in the Word report template.
- Word report template with improved style control of imported report items.
Presentation BISCO v10
- Automatic preparation of the bitmap to minimise the user intervention for the calculation of the thermal transmittance of a window frame according to EN ISO 10077.
- New rules for type EQUIMAT (rules CEN_DIR_I and CEN_DIR_E), TRANSMAT (rule CEN_DIR_I) and BC_FREE (rule CEN_DIR_I) to calculate the thermal conductivity and convective heat transfer coefficient from the real heat flow direction.
These extensions are in line with the standard EN ISO 10077-2:2017.
The RADCON module needs to be installed to use these new rules.
- Distances and U values can be defined in a slanted direction (using Distances window).
The Derived Thermal Properties dialog box is adapted to include possible references to those (slanted) distances and U values.
- Current split zone parameters can be set as default parameters (saved in the BISCO parameter file).
- Batch calculation and command line program execution with automatic report text and report index files generation.
- 64-bit option:
With the 64-bit option the 2 Gbyte RAM limit of the standard 32-bit BISCO version can be exceeded.
Bitmaps of up to 32767 x 32767 pixels are possible.
The maximum number of nodes depends on the RAM installed.
Presentation BISCO v9
- BiscoDxf: conversion of DXF file to BMP file
- Bitmap size, placement and resolution can be modified at any time
- Load layer definition file of other data
- Read/write compressed 256-colours BMP files
- Faster response times when using drawing tools
- New bitmap editing functions:
- Crop bitmap borders to remove border margin around drawing
- Import BMP file into current bitmap
- Delete colour preserves adjacent hard materials and expands adjacent soft materials (based on thermal conductivity)
- View/impose U values at bitmap borders
- Calculation of equivalent thermal conductivities of air cavities:
- Optimisation of air cavities by detecting grooves and interconnections (smaller than 2 mm or 10 mm)
- Editable surface emissivities
- Automatic adjustment of heat flow direction
- Use solution temperatures or default temperatures
- Cavity at bitmap border mirrored or not (i.e. bitmap border is axis of symmetry or not)
- Thermal transmittance of window frame:
- Frame with two glazings (i.e. two insulation panels)
- Detect zones of reduced heat transfer (at internal boundary condition)
- Initialisation of distances (based on window frame colour number)
- Adjustment of distances with resize of bitmap or pixel
- Additional BISCO data template with more colour numbers for air cavities
- Text output: relative humidity for surface condensation
- Report generation:
- Free definition of graphic report files (PNG or BMP)
- Function "Make Report" generates text files and graphic files
- MS Word template document with macro to import report files at bookmark locations
Presentation BISCO v8
- More bitmap functions:
- Insert/delete pixel band (e.g. to modify the width of a material layer)
- Resize pixel without modifying the bitmap size (e.g. to get a rounded pixel size)
- Delete colour in bitmap (e.g. to clean up the bitmap)
- Merge colours (to reduce the number of colours having the same thermal properties)
- Zoom in/out via mouse wheel
- More graphic output functions:
- Automatic labelling of colour numbers in bitmap
- Fill heat fluxes (to show the magnitudes of the local heat flow vectors)
- BiscoDxf: tool for fast conversion of DXF drawing (R14) to BISCO bitmap
- Benefits: free definition of pixel size and bitmap size
- Interesting for productive input of large amounts of well prepared DXF drawings
- BiscoDxf only supports a limited set of DXF commands (e.g. 2D polyline)
- No support is given (only resources are BiscoDxf manual and R14 DXF Reference)