(Scroll down for presentation on new functionalities)
- Increased drawing speed in Graphic Output (new line draw algorithm).
- Batch calculation occasional crash.
- Information in status bar was not shown.
- Image window:
- Rotate 3D object (and pan 2D view) by holding the mouse wheel.
- Zoom factor as a user defined setting.
- Zoom out with right mouse click when zoom in is activated.
- Non-consecutive blocks can be copied and moved.
- 'Move before' function added for Blocks.
- Replace Help > How To's with link to website's Knowledge Base (which contains more information).
- Retile windows every time the main application window size changes.
- Improved navigation of tables in windows:
- Mousewheel scroll.
- Tab and arrow keys to move to adjacent table cells.
- Row select (in Blocks window) by clicking (left mouse button) the row number (holding the <Shift> and <Ctrl> keys, a selection range can be defined).
- Cell select (Grid window) by clicking (left mouse button) the cell while holding the <Ctrl> key (holding the <Shift> key, a selection range can be defined).
- Column select (Grid window) by clicking (left mouse button) the column header.
- Licence information dialog boxes not shown when calculating from command line.
- TriscoDxf: avoid losing layer information of layers containing only very small ellipses, circles or arcs.
- Updated Software Licence Manager (command line operation with 'activationkey' argument).
- Increased calculation speed due to improved neighbouring nodes algorithm for viewfactor zones (RADCON).
- DXF extension adjusted to actual information in DXF file (minus ignored layers) in TriscoDXF.
- Avoid losing calculated thermal solution when only making changes in U-values window and/or Areas window, or in Notes or Derived Thermal Properties.
- Avoid crash when opening Graphic Output after editing colour without closing edit with <Enter>.
- Image temperature range automatically updated with occurring BC temperatures before every calculation when "Use boundary conditions" is checked.
- Minor language corrections.
- OpenGL 3D visualisation compatible with all Intel integrated GPUs (avoiding sporadic crashes).
- Graphic Output window view synced with Image window view.
- Isoflux lines shown in 2D orthogonal views.
- Automatically switch Tmin and Tmax in Temperature Range dialog box if Tmin>Tmax.
- Colour name be edited (not change to '0').
- TRANSMAT NIHIL lambda value editable after reading trc file.
- Trisco2D always included in TRISCO licence and seemless import of Trisco2D models in TRISCO.
- Revised legend with indication of material names and clustered cavities per EN ISO standard. The colour for each cluster of cavities can be defined by the user.
- New parameter for automatic selection of boundary condition temperatures.
- Additional orthogonal (2D) viewing options available in Image window.
- Revised Colour window to allow conformity with different EN standard. A new column ‘Standard’ is replacing the former columns ‘C1’, ‘C2’ and ‘C3’ (fully compatible with BISCO v12).
- Introduction of Colour database allowing to quickly adjust frequently used materials and boundary conditions (File → Open Colour Database…).
- Implementation of the equivalent thermal conductivities for air voids and layers according to EN ISO 6946.
- Option to save Text Output in CSV format for post processing (e.g. MS Excel).
- Automated ‘Make report’ function copies and opens the report template in the current folder.
- Accessible from TRISCO (File → Open DXF…).
- Improved algorithms to avoid mirrored extrusion directions.
- Error warning for open line ends and duplicates.
- Option for layer selection when loading DXF files.
- Additional thermal palette ("Ironbow") available for graphic comparison with IR-images.
- Automatic selection of high-performance GPU (AMD or Nvidia) if present to ensure high quality 3D visualisation.
- Off line activation of software licence keys added.
- Cloud-based licences automatically activated when opening application.
- Network floating licence viewer
- Different major versions can coexist on a computer
- Feature 'Unlimited nodes' replaces old 64-bit version
- Documentation accessible from the TRISCO menu ‘Help’: Manual, How to’s and Tutorials.
- More documentation (example projects, validation projects and training material) available via the online Physibel Portal (www.physibel.be/en/knowledge)
- Extended software protection options:
- Hardware licence key (USB): stand-alone
- Software licence key: stand-alone, network floating and cloud-based floating.
- Text Output > Input Data > Block data with RCL coordinates (Settings > Show RCL)
- 3D paint functions: draw grid voxel at front side or back side of picked material face (Paint > Draw Voxel at Front and Paint > Draw Voxel at Back).
- Image view functions: show materials as transparent blocks (Image > Show Transparent); show 3D surface of a single temperature value of the solution through the object represented with transparent blocks (Image > Show Single Temperature).
- Graphic output of single isothermal lines on object surfaces.
- Faster graphic image processing in Image window.
- Grid window and Coordinates window: minimum grid visible through background colour of grid cells.
- Blocks window: material and boundary condition blocks visible through different background colour.
- Import of BSC or BMP file (File > Import Data): position bitmap in XY, XZ or YZ.
- Multiple TRISCO simulation results can be imported in one step in the Word report template.
- Word report template with improved style control of imported report items.
- Recalculate block list (in Blocks window) using superposition (overlapping blocs) or juxtaposition (non-overlapping blocks).
- Make block list (in Blocks window) for the current clip definition in Clip Object window and Clip Colours window.
- Detect void space in object model (by conversion of void space to new blocks).
- Change globally the colour of all blocks with a given colour.
- Show dimensions of current block in status bar.
- Show volume of current colour in status bar.
- Grid unit mentioned in Grid window, Minimum Grid window, Coordinates window and in dialog boxes with measures expressed in grid units.
- Zoom in and out using the mouse wheel.
- Grid subdivision using maximum mesh width avoids creation of very narrow meshes (smaller than 0.1 % of maximum mesh width).
- Warning when minimum grid is used at the start of a system calculation (with suggestion of grid refinement).
- Status bar in Graphic Output window with material or boundary condition, temperature or heat flux under the floating mouse cursor.
- Graphic output of temperature profile along a chosen grid line.
- TriscoDxf: tool for fast input of 2D AutoCAD drawings (DXF files).
- New template data file initialising material properties and boundary conditions.
- Import bitmap based on either superposition (i.e. with possible overlaps) or juxtaposition (i.e. without any overlap) of blocks.
- Automatic grid subdivision function.
- Automatic initialisation of areas and U values of flanking elements of a thermal bridge.
The areas are based on either exterior or interior dimensions.
- The U value of any flanking element can be overwritten by an enforced U value.
- Revolve a 2D geometry containing a cross section (e.g. of a window frame) over an angle of 90° to form a 3D corner joint.
- Split zones function.
- Equivalent thermal conductivities based on editable surface emissivities across cavities.
- Critical relative humidity for surface condensation.
- Batch calculation: write calculation results (as in text output window) into text file.
- Automatic report generator.
- Easier object modelling: selection of one or more blocks, which can be copied, moved, transformed (translation, rotation over right angle, scaling) or merged (block addition). The new way of transformation definitions replace and expand the possibilities offered from version 9.0w.
- Insert blocks and thermal properties of other TRISCO data file into current TRISCO data file.
- The grid is automatically reduced to a 'minimum grid' after each block operation that involves the grid.
- Import bitmap file (256-colours BMP file).
- New view option in Blocks window: list selection of blocks having all a given colour.
- Simplification of grid functions (split, merge, create minimum grid).
- Selection of one or more grid meshes to perform grid functions (split, merge).
- Better feedback (by colour shading) in Image window of current mesh in Grid window (or Minimum Grid window) and current coordinate in Coordinates window.
- New definition of 'zoom in' function: a mouse click is required to define the centre of the zoomed view.
- New type of boundary condition: material with known temperature or known heat power density.
- New type of boundary condition in RADCON module: transparent material (with conductive and radiative heat transfer), useful for gas cavities of irregular shape (instead of materials of type EQUIMAT).
- New view option in Colours window: list defined colours (useful after loading thermal properties template).
- Clip colours: object parts having the same colour can be clipped away in the Image window (through a visibility toggle per colour).
- Convergence of iteration cycles: new calculation parameter to minimize the number of required iteration cycles (to deal with non-linear properties): maximum temperature difference between iteration cycles.
- New menu item: calculation of view factors (independent from system solution).
- Calculation of radiative heat transfer using view factors calculated in a coarser grid, reducing memory requirement and calculation time.
- Output of cumulated view factors between surfaces of different colours (through integration of elementary view factors).
- A zone of type BC_NOSKY (using RADCON) no longer implies a balance radiation node to represent the open sky as a radiation mirror.
- Graphic representation of heat flow densities also in material cutoff planes (through clipping), to visualize heat fluxes inside materials.
- Program switch for opposite operation of rotate and pan in Image window: move object versus move viewpoint.
- Automatic adjustment of memory space for input data. In former TRISCO versions the input capacity was a program setting.
- New manual (with tutorial on object modelling; chapter on RADCON module; index).
- Two new types of boundary conditions have been introduced:
1. Enclosures with unknown temperature and global surface heat transfer coefficient
2. Border faces between colours having a fixed temperature or heat flux ('borderface BCs').
- A Coordinates window is added to view absolute coordinates of grid line positions.
Another split mesh function is added in the Grid window (Grid > Split Mesh max and Grid > Split All max).
- An Areas window is added to get dimensions of surfaces and to be used in thermal transmittance calculations (see further: derived thermal quantities).
- A U values window is added to get thermal transmittances of 1D building elements (e.g. walls and roofs), and to be used in derived thermal transmittances (see next point).
- Thermal quantities in line with European standards can be reported in the Text Output window: temperature factor (EN ISO 10211-2), linear thermal transmittance (EN ISO 10211-2, valid for 2D constructions), 2D/3D surplus thermal transmittance (correction term for the sum of linear and point influences of a thermal bridge valid for 3D constructions, in correspondence with EN ISO 10211-2).
- Improved graphical feedback in the Image window of a selected item in another edit window.
The selection feedback in the Image window can be toggled on or off.
- Undo/redo facility while editing.
- Show temperature at mouse cursor position in the Image window when the temperature field is loaded.