Skip to main content
- New grid functions: “automatic mesh generation” (based on close rasterisation of object geometry, and subdivision of larger meshes, to get a reliable calculation grid), and “automatic merge” of successive meshes which rasterised cross sections are identical. These new grid functions enable to cancel the grid function Grid > Optimise Grid… (up to SOLIDO v4.0w).
- Graphic output of single isothermal line.
Presentation SOLIDO v4
- Made compatible with TRISCO v13.0w.
- Select blocks in Blocks window and select grid meshes in Grid window made identical as in TRISCO.
- Use of highlighted colour in Image window for current mesh in Grid window or current coordinate in Coordinates window, as in TRISCO.
- Hide Selection Outline function in Image window, as in TRISCO.
- Grid unit mentioned in Grid window, Coordinates window, Block Points window, Colours window (mesh size), Areas window, U Values window and in dialog boxes with measures expressed in grid units, as in TRISCO.
- Zoom in and out using the mouse wheel, as in TRISCO.
- Grid subdivision using maximum mesh width avoids creation of very narrow meshes (smaller than 0.1 % of maximum mesh width), as in TRISCO.
- Automatic split function of grid meshes, as in TRISCO.
- Grid function for merging small meshes (e.g. useful after Grid > Insert STL Coordinates…).
- New function to detect void space in object model (by conversion of void space to new blocks of type POINT), useful to prevent unwanted adiabatic boundaries, as in TRISCO.
- Automatic definition of optimal coordinate resolution at the start of each calculation (instead of user defined setting in former versions).
- Better adjustments of fitted grid nodes to minimise fit grid failure (when Image > Fit Grid). In case of fit grid failure the grid numbers of the guilty grid cell are shown.
- Status bar in Graphic Output window with material or boundary
- Insert new grid coordinates from STL triangles which are orthogonal to a coordinate axis.
- Export grid voxels of a rasterised object (after Image > Fill Grid) as rectangular blocks of a TRISCO data file.
- Both previous functions allow to convert STL files of rectangular objects into TRISCO data files.
- New type of boundary condition in RADCON module: transparent material (with conduction and radiation), useful for narrow air cavities (with still air).
- Redefinition of “Zoom In” function as in TRISCO v11.0w.
- Better feedback (by colour shading) in Image window of current mesh in Grid window and current grid coordinate in Grid Coordinates window.
- Rasterising by swelling: new function to prevent the (partial) loss of thin materials (e.g. metal pins or plates) in the rasterised voxel space. This function allows to use less dense grid meshes when thin materials in a slanting position are present in the object geometry.
- Better fitting of grid nodes preferably onto object vertices, then onto object edges and finally onto object surfaces. Better solution against the unwanted creation of negative grid cell volumes due to possibly large displacements of nodes through fitting. These improvements are important in obtaining a better object meshing.
- New view factor calculation method, based on automatic surface clustering (based on surface normals and centres) to break down quadratic memory requirement and quadratic calculation time. Large view factor surfaces are automatically refined to achieve a better precision. There is no need anymore to do a preliminary calculation of view factors based on a coarser grid definition. No view factor factor file is used any more.
- The former calculation parameters related to view factors (smallest accepted view factor and number of visibility rays between radiative surfaces) are cancelled.
- Graphic representation of heat flow densities also in material cutoff planes (through clipping), to visualise heat fluxes inside materials.